Current job openings at Loop Capital
Senior Vice President - Global Equity Division - Trading
Location: Chicago, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The objective of this position is to establish, maintain and grow positive relationships with current institutional including, among others, pension fund clients by implementing trading strategies, trade execution and marketing the firm’s global equity trading services to achieve incremental revenues. Candidates for this role must have an established and strong book of business with solid buy-side relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client relationship management; conducts client visits, participates in client and industry events, establishes and maintains relationships and networks with internal and external clients.
- Provides trade execution
- Continuously monitors market information and stock price action during the day.
- Creates new methods of providing valuable information to clients; communicate and provide market trends, liquidity opportunities, portfolio reviews, assessments on stock price fluctuations and macro and technical events affecting the markets, custom and execution reports.
- Identifies opportunities to solicit new business; responsible for providing constant proactive sales and trading coverage to institutional clients.
- Collection, assimilation and dissemination of key overnight and intraday institutional customer portfolio news.
- Must function as a backup trader to team members as needed.
- May assist with upgrading trading technology/programming needs.
- Must have an established and strong book of business with solid buy-side relationships.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- At least six years of experience in the investment industry with thorough knowledge of global markets, economic indicators and various trading strategies.
- A minimum of one year of active trading experience on an equity desk.
- Extensive experience covering major institutional accounts, knowledge of international companies (specific to the trading region) and international equity exchanges.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), electronic and algorithmic trading systems.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, effective speaker and active listening
- Strong financial, quantitative and qualitative skills
- Ethical; having integrity
- Must be aggressive, self-motivated and confident
- Excellent decision making, negotiation, results and detailed oriented skills; ability to make real-time trading decisions weighing complex circumstances under considerable time pressure
- Strong client service and relationship building skills
- Solid knowledge of the trading process and electronic trading systems (Fidessa, Bloomberg, Instinet, etc.)
- Trading, sales and marketing acumen
- Strong research, project management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and function as an effective team player
- Willingness to mentor and/or train junior team members
- Willingness to continuously upgrade skills; processes/systems/programming techniques
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and clients, including C-Suite
- Must be available and functional to work during the assigned trading market hours (USA/LAT/CAN/ Asia/Pacific Rim/European)
- Must be willing to travel (up to 10%)
- Series 7, 57 and 63 licenses are required.