Current internship positions available at Loop Capital
Analytical Services Graduate Intern - Analytical Services Division
Location: Chicago, IL
Seasonal Position: June 2018 – August 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Loop Capital's Analytical Services Division (ASD) publishes a variety of reports that provide clients with relevant and timely information about the bond market and investor demand. The ASD is one of the largest analytics groups at Loop dedicated to investment banking, providing analytics and commentary on the economy, monetary policy, and a variety of public finance issues.
The ASD seeks a graduate-level summer intern to perform basic research functions to support publishing of white paper topics. The ideal candidate must possess strong written and communication skills, be able to organize the presentation of written and statistical data, discuss complex topics, perform college- level statistical modeling, and operate independently in gathering, processing, and discussing municipal finance topics.
- Work with database library
- Maintain and distribute publications and update email database
- Support ASD analysts and associates in the gathering and organization of economic data
- Assist in the preparation of research reports by supporting research and analysis
- Conduct independent projects
• Enrolled in Master's degree program; MBA, MPP, MF or related area
• Strong written and oral communication skills (English language only)
• Strong finance and statistics knowledge
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; mastery of Excel data analysis functions
• Ability to work independently with confidence to advance research projects successfully
• Strong proofreading skills; ability to properly structure a research paper and use required citation and sourcing conventions
Please combine your cover letter, resume, application form (found on Loop Capital’s Internship website), and a copy of your transcript into a single PDF file and email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please state your name, the position you are applying for and corresponding location.