Current internship positions available at Loop Capital
Information Technology Intern - Information Technology Division
Location: Chicago, IL and New York, NY
Seasonal Position: June 2018 – August 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Information Technology Division at Loop Capital provides the infrastructure and maintenance of network and operating systems across our 21 offices. The IT department is responsible for ensuring the operational compliance of IT systems and networks, the installation of hardware, networks and circuitry, and maintaining the functionality of electronic data belonging to Loop Capital and its affiliates.
Loop Capital's Information Technology department seeks a summer intern to assist with the IT help desk and provide technical support in hardware and software installation and maintenance, use excellent customer service to troubleshoot and resolve desk support phone calls and use technical acumen to provide support for smart phone devices and PC applications, among other duties.
- Hardware and software support
- Call center support; ability to handle 5-10 phone calls per day and assist with problem gathering, troubleshooting and resolution
- Smart Phones and Mobile Devices (iPhone, Androids, Windows)
- Video Editing and Publishing
- Desk support
- Mobile and PC/applications development and deployment
- Some lifting of boxes, computer equipment and other systems will be required
- Some courses or formal experience in computer network, programs or systems
- Strong academic credentials with above average performance in mathematics
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, Office 2010, Exchange 2007/2010, Office 365, and other Cloud Applications preferred
- Programming, automation, database knowledge, and knowledge of hardware components of PC and printers is preferred
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to follow direction and effectively report findings and results; attention to detail in documentation
- Basic knowledge of landlines, smartphones, video and fax operations are a plus
Please combine your cover letter, resume, application form (found on Loop Capital’s Internship website), and a copy of your transcript into a single PDF file and email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please state your name, the position you are applying for and corresponding location.