Reports and Special Commentary
Our Analytical Services Division (ASD) publishes a variety of reports that provide clients with relevant and timely information about the bond market and investor demand. Each year ASD issues an in-depth review of state pension plans and their funded status. Other notable reports include an annual municipal bond volume forecast and annual briefings of Governor State of the State speeches. ASD also circulates a monthly Municipal Strategy Report that provides a top-down look at municipal investing.
We provide a number of powerfully informative municipal research products:
- Multiple Optionality Report – Quantifies the cost-effectiveness of utilizing a shorter call feature than the standard 10-year par call in order to achieve greater call flexibility.
- Loop Call Option Report – Quantifies the value of an embedded call option in callable bonds, and clarifies the difference between callable and non-callable advance refunding issues.
Proprietary models and research products that help inform decisions
Our analytics team has developed a number of proprietary models that we update for clients. Models and resources include:
- Proprietary Option Pricing Models (logarithmic and Black-Derman-Toy)
- Municipal Volume Forecasting Model
- SIFMA Forecasting Model
- Fed Funds Forecasting Model
- Recession Forecasting (model successfully predicted all recessions in the last 30 years)
- OAS Analysis (calculates the theoretical value/cost of a shorter call)
- Loop Preliminary Refunding Scan
- Refunding and Debt Analysis Report
- Loop Asset Valuation Toolkit