Current internship positions available at Loop Capital
Business Valuation Intern - Loop Capital Financial Consulting Services
Location: Chicago, IL
Seasonal Position: June 2018 – August 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Loop Capital Financial Consulting Services (LCFCS) provides valuation, financial due diligence, forensic, restructuring and other key financial consulting services to public and private firms, and municipal and other public sector clients.
LCFCS seeks a Business Valuation Intern to join the team to assist in providing consulting services for projects related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, dispute advisory, restructuring and reorganization, and corporate strategy. Throughout the internship, participants will gain a better understanding of valuation concepts and professional service delivery. Additionally, the intern will receive hands-on development and opportunities to gain mentoring from members within the firm.
- Assist in the collection, synthesis and analysis of data obtained from clients, market research and internal sources
- Perform technical analysis of client provided information and market research to aid in the development of valuation opinions through Discounted Cash Flows (DCF), public company multiples and comparable transactions
- Perform analysis of financial statements (SEC Filings), purchase agreements and contracts
- Assist in drafting technical reports and presentations
- Perform market and industry research
- Perform marketing support functions, including preparation of marketing materials
- Periodically assist with various assignments to support due diligence, forensics or restructuring projects as market demands arise
- Junior/Senior-year college student, working towards a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Strong academic credentials
Please combine your cover letter, resume, application form (found on Loop Capital’s Internship website), and a copy of your transcript into a single PDF file and email the document to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please state your name, the position you are applying for and corresponding location.