Current internship positions available at Loop Capital
Investment Banking Intern – Corporate and Public Finance Divisions
Location: Chicago, IL and New York, NY
Seasonal Position: June 2018 – August 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Loop Capital's Public Finance Division provides specialized banking practices in healthcare, housing, project finance and transportation as well as market, bondholder and credit analysis, and complex quantitative modeling.
The Public Finance Division seeks a summer intern to support senior bankers, associates, and analysts on all aspects of business development, including ongoing client coverage, deal execution and requests for proposals.
- Create, update and review debt profiles for target clients
- Analyze financial data
- Prepare client memos, presentation materials, and proposals for new and existing clients
- Run new money and refunding numbers as needed
- Provide analytical support on co-managed and senior managed financings
- Shadow full-time employees as they interact with potential and existing clients
- Current enrollment at an undergraduate institution with a record of strong academic performance
- Exceptional problem solving, organization and communications skills
- Capacity to learn quickly and execute accurately
- Successful interns are able to multitask and manage a variety of projects in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Strong quantitative background; ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, algebra, discounted cash flows and accounting principles
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the financial markets preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail, initiative, enthusiasm and self-motivation; demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in work product
Please combine your cover letter, resume, application form (found on Loop Capital’s Internship website), and a copy of your transcript into a single PDF file and email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please state your name, the position you are applying for and corresponding location.